Why does my pacifier darken in color as time goes by?
Hevea is made of 100% natural rubber. The rubber is not conserved nor are antioxidants added to keep it light yellow. Natural rubber is a natural material that works over time.
Can my child get a latex allergic by using Hevea and is it dangerous?
It is very unlikely. However, protein is a natural occurring substance in latex. It helps preserving the latex in a liquid state. When we process the latex to produce the Hevea pacifiers and teethers, much of the latex protein is leeched out and therefore the protein level in Hevea is extremely low.
An allergic reaction is normally not dangerous and the symptoms can be:
- Itchy, red, watery eyes
- Sneezing or running nose
- Rash or hives
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
Do Hevea pacifiers and teether comply to the safety standards and are they tested?
Yes of course. Hevea pacifiers and teethers are tested to prove that they meet EU standard EN1400, US regulations CPSIA and AUS regulation AS 2432-1991.
Do you have instructions for how to use and maintain the pacifiers?
WARNING: DO NOT TIE PACIFIER/SOOTHER AROUND BABY’S NECK AS IT PRESENTS A STRANGULATION HAZARD
Before use, thoroughly clean then sterilize the pacifier/soother by either:
a. Immersing the pacifier/soother in a baby-bottle sterilizing solution in accordance with the instructions for use of the sterilizing solution; or
b. Boiling the pacifier/soother in water for 5 min.
In order to ensure proper hygiene, the pacifier/soother should be placed in boiling water for 5 minutes before it is used for the first time. Then let it cool down and empty out any water inside the nipple. The construction of Hevea allows liquid to flow into the nipple when cleaning. Please press/turn upside down the pacifier /soother to empty any water from the nipple before using it. Always clean the pacifier before use and check that the mouthpiece (nipple) is undamaged. Do not dip the nipple into sweet products and/or those containing sugar or into medicine, as this can contribute to the development of tooth decay and thus presents a risk of cavities in the teeth.
For both safety and hygiene reasons, the soother should be discarded after a maximum of two months use.
Cleaning Hevea Pacifiers
- The pacifier/soother should be cleaned by hand or in a machine especially suitable for this, and must not be cleaned in a microwave oven or dishwasher.
- When the pacifier/soother is not in use, it should be kept in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight or contact with a source of direct heat. It should be stored in a closed, clean and dry container.
- Very few children are allergic to natural rubber. Watch out for any allergic reactions, and stop any use if an allergic reaction should occur because of using the pacifier/soother.
- Do not attach to any part of the pacifier/soother (i.e around the ring, plug or through the ventilation holes) pins, ribbons or string as these can be dangerous.
- Do not pull pacifier/soother apart.
- Do not tie the pacifier/soother tightly to strings, straps, tapes or similar things in the child’s clothing, as this could risk choking the child.
- If it should happen that the pacifier/soother goes into the child’s mouth, you should take it out gently. The pacifier/soother is constructed, so that it cannot be swallowed by the child. So do not panic, but take the soother out of the child’s mouth calmly and as gently as possible.
- Check daily that the pacifier/soother is in good condition. This is done by pulling on the various parts of the soother and checking that it is still in good condition. If there are splits or changes in the soother, it should be discarded.
- N.B. Hevea is made of 100% natural rubber, which will darken in color as time goes by.
How can I clean the teether?
You can boil the teether. The instructions are found inside the pack and below:
Cleaning: Before use, thoroughly clean then sterilize the teether by either:
a. Immersing the teether in a baby-bottle sterilizing solution in accordance with the instructions for use of the sterilizing solution; or
b. Boiling the teether in water for 5 min.
It is not recommended to freeze or cool down the teether. Some children are allergic to natural rubber, so watch out for any allergic reactions, and stop any use if an allergic reaction should occur due to using the teether.
The teether complies with the CE & EN71 safety standard
Has Hevea produced anything other than pacifiers and teethers?
Yes we have. We offer a 100% organic cotton pacifier/teether holder and a practical storage bag – see instruction how to maintain them below.
Hevea organic pacifier/soother holder
The pacifier/soother holder is made of 100% organic cotton with nickel free clips and Velcro, and the Hevea design is printed with soy ink. Useful when you are on the go or at day care, as you can write your child’s name on it. This way you will always be able to identify your child’s pacifier!
Hevea organic pacifier/soother storage bag
The storage bag is made of 100% organic cotton printed with soy ink. It closes with drawstrings. Hygienic storage for your child’s pacifier. Useful and when you are on the go or at day care, as you can write your child’s name on it. This way you will always be able to identify your child’s pacifier!