GroVia Q & A
The GroVia® Hybrid/AI2 is a modern, one-size diapering system. Its unique, waterproof Shell and cloth Soaker Pad minimize waste and cost. When the Soaker Pad is wet, simply replace it with a fresh, dry one!
The Hybrid/AI2 system is designed so that the outer Shell may be used for multiple diaper changes. If the Soaker Pad is wet, simply snap in a fresh one and you are ready to go. If the Shell is wet, allow it to air dry and use for the next diaper change. When your GroVia® Shell is soiled or very saturated, start fresh with a new GroVia® Shell.
Most GroVia® Hybrid/AI2 System users will find that using 2-4 GroVia® Shells are enough per day, although newborn babies may need more.
GroVia will fit MOST babies from 8-35 lbs. The GroVia Shell features three sets of rise snaps that adjust to fit your baby. Our unique one-size Organic Soaker Pad fits from 8-35 lbs as well.
- Newborn/Small Infant Setting: Snap your GroVia Shell rise snaps on the lowest setting. Snap your soaker pad into the shell and simply flip the front of the soaker pad in towards baby. Fastened diaper on baby.
- Infant Setting: Snap your GroVia Shell rise snaps on the middle setting. Snap your soaker pad into the shell. Tuck the front of your soaker pad down, while pulling the front panel up and fasten on baby.
- Toddler Setting: Leave your GroVia Shell rise snaps unsnapped. Snap your soaker pad into the shell and fasten on baby.
First and foremost it is important to wash and dry your Soaker Pads at least 5-6 times prior to use. They will not be fully absorbent for up to 10 washes.
You will find that your laundry loads will be a third of the size of your regular laundry loads!
- Your GroVia® Shell and Soaker Pads can be washed together on warm with the full recommended amount of detergent.
- A second rinse will leave your diaper squeaky clean.
- We HIGHLY recommend line drying your Shells. They will dry in less than two hours and will stay nice longer.
- GroVia® Soaker Pads can be tumbled dried. Regular use of bleach and fabric softeners are not your diaper’s friends and will void all warranties.
This may seem obvious, but whiteners, bleach, vinegar, enzyme cleaners and fabric softeners are not your diaper’s friend and will void all warranties.
- Above anything else GroVia® Soaker Pads must be washed and dried on hot 5-6 times prior to use (with detergent). Keep in mind that they will NOT reach their maximum absorbency for up to 10 washes.
- The Soaker Pads, while very absorbent, do not contain the SAP (super absorbent polymer) gels that make disposable diapers hold massive amounts of liquid. This means you should plan on changing baby every two hours.
- For naps, nights, car trips and older babies we highly recommend adding a GroVia® Booster to increase absorbency without adding much bulk.
- Refrain from using petroleum based diaper balms as these coat your Soaker Pads, affecting their ability to absorb liquid. A good alternative is the GroVia® Magic Stick.