L'ovedbaby is proud to provide parents with a safer and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional baby clothing and accessories. We care about what we put on our babies and we know you do too. Our cotton is sourced in India, where our products are ethically made in GOTS-certified factories that are regularly monitored not only for their organic production processes, but also for their ethical and fair treatment of all workers.
- Our garments don't contain any toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents, functional nanoparticles, or genetically modified organisms (GMO)
- We don't use Azo dyes that release carcinogenic amine compounds
- Our trims and snaps conform to strict standards (e.g. no PVC, nickel, or chrome permitted)
- Even the packaging of our garments does not include PVC plastics or other harmful material
In the factories that manufacture our goods:
- Employment is freely chosen
- There is freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labor is prohibited
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- Discrimination is prohibited
- Harsh or inhumane treatment is prohibited
Originally, our clothing was made of safe, minimally-processed conventional cotton, without harsh added chemicals, dangerous flame retardants, and chemical softeners. After some research, we discovered the added benefits of transitioning this Cotton Basics Collection™ to GOTS-certified ORGANIC cotton. Organic is not only safer for our little customers and the environment, but it's equally important for the cotton farmers who suffer the risk of serious illnesses brought on by close contact with the many carcinogenic pesticides still used in conventional cotton farming today (which are NOT used in certified organic cotton farming). Many of these farmers are parents themselves, and we want them to be around for their little ones. So, we're taking baby steps toward creating a better environment for us all, and we thank you for joining us on this important journey.